I don't usually use stripers for my designs unless they are really easy and can be done without thin brushes. And because I don't use them a lot, my only 2 stripers are spoilt. They have become really thick and gloopy and I can't even thin them out :/ I didn't realized that until I tried doing this gorgeous beach design by The Nail Trail -
|Beach Nails by The Nail Trail|
I told you my striper was spoilt. I mean look at those birds! They look obese!
The only thing I liked about this mani was the gradient in the background so I made a tutorial for it :)
1) Start with a base coat
2) Apply a thin coat of white polish and wait for it to completely dry
3) Paint on purple, red and orange stripes on a sponge and slightly blend them
4) Sponge it on your nails 2-3 times
5) Apply a topcoat to smooth it out
6) Clean up around your nail
Some tips to get a perfect gradient:
- Use acrylic paints whenever possible because they blend easily
- If you are using polishes, then wet your sponge before applying the polishes. The water will help them blend.
- Don't press on the dry sponge too many times. Re-apply the colors alternatively.
How do you think it turned out? I think it was pretty good for a spoilt striper :P